Starting in 2024, all Sellers participating in the auction must complete their Seller registration online prior to the day of the auction. The link to the Seller registration form can be accessed here. All those who have submitted their online form will receive an email confirmation shortly after displaying their list of items and a Seller ID. If you wish to make changes to your list, you will need to contact the auction manager (the individual who emailed to you your list) no less than 24 hours prior to the auction with any change requests.
**Reminder, you can only participate in the auction through the online registration process. Unlike in previous years, there will be NO physical registration forms available onsite, nor can you provide paper copies of the old registration form. Do not show up expecting to get the form or to use an old one – you will NOT be able to participate as a Seller in the auction. No exceptions.**
Lastly, due to the large number of people in close proximity attending the auction, we are setting a mask mandatory policy for all those in the auction hall. Please bring a mask as there will only be a limited supply on hand.
We’re excited to be offering a Bring and Buy (BnB) auction at the Breakout event. This feature will be held on Saturday, March 16th in the Civic Hall South and will run from 12 pm – 6 pm. For those who are unfamiliar with this auction format, the idea is that instead of having an auctioneer managing the individual lots for sale, there is a dedicated space set aside with all the items for sale on display. Any attendee can peruse the items and if they find something they would like to buy, simply pick it up and bring it to the cashier to pay cash for the appropriate listed price. We accept cash only at the auction.
Breakout has successfully run this style of auction now since it began in 2016 and it’s proven to be an extremely popular feature.
So, how does it work?
- Submit online through this link and your complete list of items you wish to sell at the auction and other pertinent info (e.g. game condition, any expansions included, etc.).
- Bring the games that you pre-registered (as per step 1) to the designated auction area which will be located in the Civic Hall South.
- Tag each of your games with an Item form. Item Sheets displays the price info for any potential buyers.
- You set the price that you want for each item (note all prices must be in whole dollar amounts – e.g. $10, $40, etc. NOT $10.50). Of course, the prices must match those already submitted in Step 1 above.
- The cut off time for all seller submissions will be Friday, March 15th at 7pm EST. After which, no further seller applications will be accepted. No exceptions.
To avoid the risk of losing game pieces, sellers are expected to properly secure their games before putting them out to sell (e.g. tape, elastic band, etc.).
How to Set an Item's Price
Seller Proceeds will be available from 6:30 PM onward.
The costs: There will be a nominal fee paid to Breakout for each item or lot which sells amounting to $1.00 or 10% (whichever is greater).
Bring and Buy Auction FAQ